The Newtowne Grille Story
The Newtowne Grille's original location is at 1945 Mass. Ave. in Porter Square, Cambridge. Our Father/Grandfather, Socrates, opened the doors to the restaurant back in 1966 and we have strived to continue the family's success ever since. Years ago, the cities that are now known as Cambridge and Newton were originally one town, Newtowne. The name represents the history of that area and reminds us of the originality and history of Socrates' Newtowne Grille. His emphasis was always on the customer and to make sure they would enjoy a good meal at a reasonable price, but more importantly ensuring they had a great time while under his roof.
We as a family are proud to have opened our second location in Billerica. Although our menu may have changed over the years, our intentions remain the same...we continue to ensure that each customer is treated like family and always has a good time at the Newtowne Grille!